Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2008

Headhunter or Recruiter? Some are a dime a dozen.

Headhunter, recruiter, agent, middle-man, whatever you call them, these professionals provide valuable services in every business sector. Whether in IT, engineering, pro football or waste management, you will find people who connect resources (people) with job requirements or contract work.





Unfortunately, some recruiters are "bottom feeders" whose only concern is putting two and two together for a quick buck. I have been burned by this in the past, trusting recruiters who falsely represented the work requirements to me or my skill set to the employer. Why one would do this is a mystery to me, as it only weakens their credibility on both sides.





Over the years, I've forged relationships with some really good folks, agents who will look out for my interest as well as their clients'. If you work in IT, email me and I'll gladly provide you a free list. If you know a reputable recruiter, I would welcome you to share who they are with me.


In my next post, I'll list the dos and don'ts when dealing with a recruiter.



JM Kelly, The IT Entrepreneur

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Dr. Vivek Murthy - We usually publish Remarkable People on Wednesday mornings, but we wanted to get this interview out before the elections. This episode's remarkable guest...
    3 years ago
Blog Directory - OnToplist.com